Maker Sessions 2018-2019
These Saturday classes are designed for girls in 6th through 10th grade. Each session will focus using technology to design and create a certain type of object. No experience is necessary. Girls may attend any or all of the classes but they must register for each session separately. Each session is limited to 20 girls.
We will meet from 9:00-12:00 in the Computer Science labs located in the Science Center on the main campus of Lewis University.
- May 4, 2019 - 3-D PrintingTo celebrate Star Wars Day, the girls will learn how to design and print objects with our Maker Lab's 3-D Printers. Due to the size of our lab and the supplies required for printing, this session is limited to 20 participants.Registration Closed
- March 2, 2019 - Computer SecurityThis session will include learning about security, penetration testing, network reconnaissance and securing your Windows system. Girls will gain knowledge in securing operating systems and tools used to scan networks and identify vulnerabilities. Learn techniques to see if systems on your network are secure and what ports, services and software are running. By the end of the session you will test your abilities in breaking into your fellow students lab systems and defend against them, the teacher and the helpers.Registration Closed
- January 26, 2019 - The Anatomy of a ComputerThis session will focus on computer hardware and software. Girls will learn about the anatomy of computers of the computer and practice disassembling and assembling a physical computer. They will also lean about Microsoft Windows operating system (OS) and gain knowledge of various Microsoft products.Registration Closed
- Dec 1, 2018 - App LabLearn to create computer programs with App Lab. App Lab is a web-based programming tool, that lets you create short computer programs. Not only that, you can even share the programs with friends and family!Registration Closed
- October 13, 2018 - Finch RobotsWe will use the Python programming language to program Finch Robots to be an alarm clock, tell stories and traverse a maze.Registration Closed
- September 15, 2018 - Raspberry Pi and Explorer Hats
GCT Summer Camp is June 24-27. To register, please visit the Lewis University website. The camp is currently full but we may be opening up additional spaces. If you are interested, please add your daughter to waiting list.